Rebecca Fox has made an enduring impact in the lives of many within the Katy ISD community. Her vision for the district, its students, teachers and parents, and her untiring service are rooted in the vision statement she helped create as a Trustee… “Be the Legacy”.
“To whom much is given much is required” is the belief at the heart of Rebecca’s service. She is an active member of Second Baptist Church and is involved in her community through organizations such as National Charity League, Pregnancy Help Center, RaiseUp Families, and others. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Consumer and Family Science from Southeastern Louisiana University and currently works part-time as a motivational speaker and parent educator. She can be seen frequently throughout Katy serving others.
Rebecca has lived and served in Katy for over 20 years. Previous to moving to Katy, Fox and her husband of 34 years lived in six countries with his job in the oil field. Once they moved to Katy, they realized the exceptional quality of the schools and chose to make this their home. They have two children who are Katy ISD graduates. Life overseas broadened Rebecca’s perspective and taught her that all parents, no matter where they live or what language they speak, want better lives for their children and that education is the key.
One of Rebecca’s greatest joys is seeing children learn. She delights in seeing them grasp new concepts, make connections, and experience success. This fuels her service as a devoted volunteer.
- served in leadership on PTA boards at Hayes Elementary, Creech Elementary, Beck Jr. High, and Cinco Ranch High School where she was named Volunteer of the Year
- served on Katy ISD committees including the Campus Advisory Team, Bond Committees, Rezoning Committees, and three years as an executive board member of Volunteers in Public Schools (VIPS)
- continues involvement in schools across the district through KEYS Mentoring, Junior Achievement, Promise-to-Read and a variety of other programs
As a result of her dedication to children, families, and community, Rebecca was presented various awards.
- the Lifetime Member award, the highest distinction offered by the PTA, by Creech PTA (2005), Stanley PTA (2013), and the district level council of PTAs (2018)
- the Texas PTA Extended Service Award by Beck Jr. High (2017) for outstanding service of more than 10 years
Additionally, Rebecca has been honored and recognized with prestigious awards from community organizations.
- Katy Top 100 Women for two consecutive years by Katy Magazine
- Backbone of Katy Award by Books Alive!
- Noyes Fine Arts Foundation Award given to community members who have made a difference with their extraordinary contributions
Rebecca is a dedicated Trustee. For her, a position on the Board is so much more than attending two meetings a month. She breaks the traditional mold by visiting campuses, listening to the community, and working with elected officials at the state level to make a difference for education. Rebecca strives to be connected, involved, and informed. She has enthusiastically given her time and energy to the people she adores and loves to tell their stories through pictures!
She believes in the importance of unique programs where students are excited to be involved in hands-on, real-life learning opportunities. During her tenure on the KISD Board she has provided vision and oversight as the school district grew from 32,000 students to 80,000 students and added 30 new schools. Rebecca was part of an intensive strategic design process that developed goals and action steps for 5 years. She was also instrumental in bringing the Merrell Center, Shaw STEAM Center, a second multi-use stadium, the Education Foundation, a new Agriculture Center for FFA programs, numerous vocational programs, virtual online classes, additions to the dual-credit program and many, many more improvements that benefit children.
Committed to excellence, Rebecca earned the distinction as Master Trustee completing the year long program of Leadership TASB (Texas Association of School Boards). She is also a member of the TASB Legislative Advocacy Network and the chairman of the Energy Co-operative Board. Rebecca has held every office on Katy ISD Board of Trustees, including three terms as President.
Rebecca Fox has been an integral part of the district as it has grown and faced a myriad of challenges to maintaining the highest standards for student success. The results are well known that Katy ISD is consistently A+! Rebecca Fox has proven leadership and the right experience to continue our focus on excellence and to guide our district into the future. She is the right person at the right time.